Office Tenant At CapitaGreen

Twitter Remains An Office Tenant At CapitaGreen

SINGAPORE – CapitaLand, the landlord of CapitaGreen, which houses Twitter’s headquarters for the Asia Pacific (APAC) region, stated that the social media platform is still a tenant there despite reports that Twitter’s staff were “walked out” for non-payment of office rent, according to a report by Channel NewsAsia (CNA) that was updated on Thursday evening (12 January, SGT).

“Twitter has been a tenant of CapitaGreen since 2015, and it remains a tenant,” said a CapitaLand representative on Thursday afternoon.

The pronouncement came after it was reported that there was a problem with the rental payment for the office space, with The Business Insider claiming that the social media platform’s Singapore headquarters was being shuttered because of non-payment of office rent.

Still, it was reported that Twitter’s new owner Elon Musk eventually paid the past due office rent on late afternoon Thursday, local time.

An unnamed source said Twitter staff who were asked to vacate the office on Wednesday were subsequently told to return to work.

However, Casey Newton, a reporter at Platformer News tweeted on Thursday morning that Twitter’s workers were “walked out” of their Singapore headquarters over non-payment of office rent.

Two Twitter staff, who requested anonymity, informed CNA that they were instructed to vacate the office by 5pm on Wednesday. One of them clarified that the social media platform’s employees were asked to leave the office, but were “not walked out”.

Moreover, Bloomberg reported that Twitter’s staff were told via email to vacate the CapitaGreen office building on Wednesday and resume working remotely from Thursday. Also, the social media platform’s Singapore-based workers were said to have been re-classified as remote workers in Twitter’s internal system until further notice.

The staff who spoke to CNA disclosed that employees were inside CapitaGreen on Thursday morning, but were told to leave. She added that Twitter’s personnel were still working from home as of Thursday afternoon.

Free Finding Service